Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
American Express and Amazon are teaming up once again to save you money on this targeted offer. This time, you can get $30 off $60 worth of purchases by simply using Membership Rewards on your purchase. You only need to use Membership Rewards to cover a portion of your purchase (one point will suffice), so this is an easy way to save if you are targeted.
On that link you’ll see the button to activate the offer.
- Click on the button to activate this promotion credit. Note that you will NOT receive the credit unless you click on this button.
- Add $60 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart.
- Under “Choose a payment method,” select your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, then click “Use this payment method.”
- Up to $30 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion credit.
After you select at least one Membership Rewards point during check out, you’ll see the discount reflected as a $30 “AMEX Discount” before you finish your check out.
The key is to remember that the promotion only works for products sold by Amazon.com and that it expires on December 31, 2017. Also, this offer cannot be used on gift cards or on digital content.This is an easy way to save some cash, so it’s pretty much a no-brainer in my opinion.
Terms and conditions
Here are some of the key terms of the offer:
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2017. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $60 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twelve months.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $30.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
H/T: Dan’s Deals
UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and creator of the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned full-time credit card rewards/travel expert and has earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the globe. Since 2014, his content has been featured in major publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, US News, and Business Insider. Find his full bio here.