Starwood just announced its first promotion for 2018: Great Weeks, Great Weekends. Registration is open now at this link and the promotion will allow you to:
- Earn double Starpoints beginning on their second stay within the earning period at SPG hotels and resorts participating in the Promotion.
- Earn an additional 500 bonus Starpoints beginning on their second stay if their qualifying stay includes a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East).
This is not the most lucrative promotion I’ve seen from SPG considering that some have offered triple the points on stays in the past. It also is a bummer that you’ll have to wait until your second stay to begin earning double the SPG points. But some bonus points are better than no bonus points so I’ll take what I can get.
Still, when a new hotel promotion is released, I usually ask myself if it’s a promotion that is so lucrative, it’s worth changing hotel plans to take advantage of the promo. In this case, I don’t think that’s the case so I’d rate this as a very average promo for the most part. But I’ll still be signing up just in case my travel plans take to a paid SPG stay in the near future.
Here are some of the key terms and conditions:
- Members must register online at spg.com/greatweeks by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) March 31, 2018
- Can earn bonus Starpoints on eligible stays from January 16, 2018 through April 15, 2018
- The bonus Starpoints will post to the Registered Member’s SPG Account within two (2) to four (4) weeks after the qualifying stay posts
- Not all properties will participate in this promotion; check here for a list of eligible properties.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned travel expert covering destinations along with TSA, airline, and hotel policies. Since 2014, his content has been featured in publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, and CNBC. Read my bio.