Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Right now is a great time to cash in on some IHG deals. There are two different deals you’ll want to consider. The first is the IHG PointBreaks promo and the second is the IHG 4X promo. Both of these can be lucrative. Keep reading below for more details.
IHG PointBreaks (often called IHG Points Break) is a program that offers discounted award booking rates at well over 100 IHG properties around the world.
For the longest time, IHG PointBreaks hotels would only go for 5,000 a night. Many of these 5,000/night properties were Holiday Inn’s out in the middle of nowhere and and the Points Break promotion wasn’t as lucrative as it once was.
But now properties can be booked in tiers at: 5,000, 10,000, and 15,000 points.
Some hotels are still in smaller cities but you can still find some properties in major cities. Some of the better quality hotels do go quickly so sometimes you have to act quickly. You can check out the IHG PointBreaks page here to see which hotels are eligible. This is good for stays through January 31, 2020.
Note: Each member may only book two PointBreaks Reward Nights reservations per hotel during the special offer time period.
IHG 4X Promotion
You can now also earn up to 4X bonus points on IHG stays after your 4th stay (up to 200K points). Here’s how the promo works. You will earn:
- First stay = 1,000 bonus points
- Second stay = 2X bonus points
- Third stay = 3X bonus points
- Fourth stay and after = 4X bonus points
You will need to register and book by December 15, 2019 and you can earn with bookings through January 31, 2020. You can sign-up for the promotion here.
IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
Remember that the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card is one of the best cards for earning points on hotel spend, offering a whopping 10X on IHG properties.
The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card comes with the following features:
- Annual free night certificate
- 10X for spend at IHG
- 2X at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Automatic Platinum Elite Status (read more about this status here)
- 20% discount on purchases of IHG points
- 4th night free on award stays
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit of up to $100 every 4 years
- No foreign transaction fees
- $89 annual fee
If you value IHG points at ~.7 cents per point then 10X is a ~7% return on IHG purchases on top of what you’ll be receiving as a Platinum elite member which is around 10% back. So that’s a total of 17% back plus what you can earn with this 4X promotion, which could be extremely lucrative.
These are solid promos to jump on. If you can earn the full 4X on bonus points along with the 10X on the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, that’s an insane amount of points you’re getting for your stays.
UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and creator of the digital smart wallet, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned full-time credit card rewards/travel expert and has earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the globe. His content has been featured in major publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, US News, and Business Insider. Find his full bio here.