Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Wyndham is offering a new promo where you can score a free night after completing just your second stay but there is slightly a catch. Below, I will break down everything you need to know about this new promotion and give you some insight into the Wyndham rewards program.
The new Wyndham promotion
The new Wyndham promotion allows you to earn 5,500 additional bonus points after you complete your second qualifying stay.
Using a WalletFlo valuation of .87 the 5,500 bonus points comes out to $47.85 (but the real value is when you combine these earnings with others to capture a free night which I will explain below.)
Key dates: you will need to book by April 26 and complete your stay by May 21, 2020.
What about the free night?
If you know anything about the Wyndham Rewards chart, you know that redemptions begin at 7,500 points so you might be asking yourself how does this give you a free night?
Well that is because they are considering the minimum amount you will earn per stay based on the standard rewards rate. Wyndham has a unique reward system where you will either earn 1,000 points per stay or 10 points per dollar spent, whichever is greater.
So if your stay cost $200, then you would get 2,000 points but if your stay was $50 then you would earn 1,000 points. So with that standard earning rate in mind, you will earn a minimum of 7,500 points with the two stays utilizing this promotion.
Wyndham has a simple award system where prices are set in three different tiers. Basically, a free night will cost you 7,500, 15,000, or 30,000 points per bedroom. Therefore, this promotion will set you up for one free night at the bottom tier level of properties.
Wyndham rewards promo link
Terms to note
- A Member who completes two (2) Offer Qualifying Stays pursuant to these Offer Terms will receive 5,500 Wyndham Rewards bonus points (the “Bonus”), typically within two to four weeks after the completion of such Member’s second Offer Qualifying Stay.
- 7,500 Wyndham Rewards points are good for 1 standard bedroom per night at thousands of Participating Hotels, subject to availability. Most properties – Go Free award applies to room rate only, including taxes. Redemption levels for Go Free awards vary by Participating Hotel and can be as high as 30,000 points per night and resort fees (which are not payable with points) may apply. See the Program Terms for more information about how to redeem Wyndham Rewards points.
- Members who have elected to earn airline miles or rail points in their Member profile are not eligible for this Offer.
- For clarity, any stay completed prior to registration for this Offer, or that has a check-in date prior to February 21, 2020, and/or a check-out date after May 21, 2020, will not be counted towards the Offer.
- Maximum of one (1) Bonus per Member (even if such Member completes more than two (2) Offer Qualifying Stays).
- A no-show does not count as an Offer Qualifying Stay.
Overall, this is a decent promotion but is really only great for people who are already interested in staying at Wyndham properties or who don’t have to stay in top luxury hotels because you will only have enough points for a free night at the most basic type of hotel. If you already earned Wyndham Rewards though this can get you a nice bonus that could help with your next redemption.
H/T: Frequent Miler
UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and creator of the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned full-time credit card rewards/travel expert and has earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the globe. His content has been featured in major publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, US News, and Business Insider. Find his full bio here.