Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Singapore Airlines is offering new members who sign up for its frequent flyer program, Singapore KrisFlyer, 1,000 miles for free. This promotion ends on March 31, 2018 and you can sign-up for the promotion here.
Note that you will be given a promo code that you will have to use in order to get the free 1,000 miles.
Sign up now and automatically receive 1,000 KrisFlyer miles. Simply enter the promo code stated in your email when completing the KrisFlyer application.
You can redeem your miles immediately by shopping on KrisShop.com or mixing them with cash to pay for flights on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.
Why you should be interested in Singapore
Singapore Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance. They offer some of the best premium products out of any airline and I’m not sure their service can be beat by many, if any, airlines.
Singapore Airlines is also one of the few programs that is a transfer partner of all of the major rewards programs, including: Citi ThankYou Points, American Express Membership Rewards, and Chase Ultimate Rewards. So racking up Singapore miles is very easy.
1,000 miles won’t get you very far with Singapore but it’s nice to get a little chunk of miles for free, especially when it only takes up a few seconds of your time.
Terms and conditions
Here are the full terms and conditions:
- This Promotion commences on 22 January 2018, 0000hrs and ends on 31 March 2018, 2359hrs (GMT+8).
- This Promotion is only applicable for KrisFlyer membership sign-ups on singaporeair.com and SingaporeAir mobile app.
- 1000 KrisFlyer miles will be awarded for every successful sign up using the promo code as stated in the email.
- Promo code must be entered at the time of enrollment. Request for insertion of promo code will not be accepted after enrollment is complete.
- All new members must sign up for KrisFlyer membership by 31 March 2018, 2359hrs (GMT+8) to be eligible for the bonus KrisFlyer miles.
- Each eligible KrisFlyer member is entitled to receive only one award of 1000 KrisFlyer miles and each individual should hold only one KrisFlyer membership account.
- Transfer of KrisFlyer miles from one member’s account to another member’s account is not permitted. The KrisFlyer miles will take about 4 to 6 weeks to be credited into the member’s account.
- The KrisFlyer miles awarded under this Promotion are valid for a period of 3 years from the date on which it is credited into the recipient’s KrisFlyer account, following which they shall expire and no extensions will be permitted. For the avoidance of doubt, KrisFlyer miles awarded which have not been used by the end of such validity period will expire and shall be deemed null and void.
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem an air ticket is subject to seat availability at the time of reservation or ticket issuance and must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer program.
- The use of KrisFlyer miles to redeem merchandise on KrisShop.com is subject to stock availability at the time of purchase and must be used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the KrisFlyer program.
- Redemption with KrisFlyer miles is not available for inflight KrisShop purchases. Taxes, delivery charges, import duties and postal clearance charges cannot be paid using KrisFlyer miles. Taxes, delivery charges, custom duty and postal clearance charges are applicable for home delivery, and varies between countries. Any customs duty, postal clearance and other customs-related charges, if applicable, will be borne by members and paid directly to the respective custom and/or courier upon receipt of items.
- By participating in the Promotion, the participant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Non-compliance with or breach of these Terms & Conditions may result in the participant being disqualified at any stage of the Promotion.
- Singapore Airlines reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate this promotion without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- KrisFlyer, Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, KrisShop and Scoot terms and conditions and policies apply.
- For enquiries, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services at KF_contact@singaporeair.com.sg
UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and creator of the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned full-time credit card rewards/travel expert and has earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the globe. Since 2014, his content has been featured in major publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, US News, and Business Insider. Find his full bio here.