Hilton has announced a new promotion for 2021 called “Power Up Your Points.” This is a very straightforward promotion which is extra lucrative for all of you proud Hilton cardholders. Below, I will break down the offer and show you just how much value you can expect to get from this promotion.
Table of Contents
- Earn Double Points on stays completed September 7 to December 31.
- Earn Triple Points when you use your Hilton Honors card to pay for your stays
- Registration Link
- Offer valid for stays completed September 7, 2021, through December 31, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- You must check out on or prior to December 31, 2021 to be eligible for this offer.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer.
There’s a pretty long list of eligible Hilton cards including a few cards that I did not even know existed. Maybe some of you more “seasoned” credit card folks who have been in the game for a long time will recognize some of the cards below.
Hilton Honors Credit Cards include:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Hilton Honors Visa Classic Sumitomo Card
- Hilton Honors Visa Gold Sumitomo Card
- Hilton Honors Visa Platinum Sumitomo Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Premium card
- Hilton Honors Platinum Barclaycard
- Hilton Honors Credit Card issued by Deutsche Kreditbank AG.
Let’s say that you stayed at a Hilton hotel for four nights at $100 per night and that you used the Hilton Aspire to book the hotel. Because you would be using an American Express Hilton Honors Card, you would be eligible for the triple bonus rate.
You would earn the following rates:
- 4,000 base points
- 4,000 Diamond elite bonus points
- 8,000 “Power Up Your Points” bonus points
- 5,600 Aspire bonus points
That is a total of 21,600 Hilton Honors points. At a WalletFlo valuation of .52 cents per point, that’s $112.32 in value. For $400 in spend that is 54X (approximately 28% back) which is a nice stack.
There are also a lot of Hilton Amex Offers you can stack with your savings right now. Check out WalletFlo to see all of the different types of saving opportunities!
Overall, this is a very straightforward promotion offering some pretty lucrative savings. The only drawback is that you have to use a Hilton card to get the most points which some people may not be able or willing to do. Be sure to register right now so that you don’t forget later on.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned travel expert covering destinations along with TSA, airline, and hotel policies. Since 2014, his content has been featured in publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, and CNBC. Read my bio.