Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Hilton is known for its constant promotions and sometimes they offer multiple promos at the same time. Right now, you might be able to take advantage of multiple promos by going on a couple of stays at Hilton properties. I’ll give you all the details below.
New Hilton Offer
- Stay once to earn 2,500 Bonus Points
- Book a second stay to earn an additional 5,000 Bonus Point, for a total of 7,500 Bonus Points
This promo requires two separate stays (as opposed to nights), so make sure you’re clear on that distinction. You can register for this promotion here.
- Offer valid for stays now through January 31, 2020
- Registered Hilton Honor participants must complete stay challenge and complete up to two paid stays during the Promotional Period to obtain Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
The fact that the terms state that the stays must be paid makes me believe that stays on points may not qualify for this bonus.
The language suggests that this offer might be targeted. For example, it states, “This offer is only valid and exclusive to the recipient of the email invitation.” However, I didn’t receive an email and when I attempted to register, I got confirmation that I was registered to start earning points. I’ve experienced the same thing with others.
So there might be a degree of risk with this offer if you didn’t receive an email but if you get confirmation on the registration page like I did, at least you’ll have a basis for requesting bonus points if something were to come up.
Double the promos
Keep in mind this is separate from the ongoing promotion that Hilton already has (“go more, get more points”) which allows you to earn points the following ways:
- Members will earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points beginning on their second stay during the Promotion Period.
- Members will earn an additional Bonus once completing certain stay requirements:
- Additional 10,000 Bonus Points after competing 10 stays
- Additional 15,000 Bonus Points after completing 5 more stays (total of 15 stays within the promotion period)
- Additional 20,000 Bonus Points completing of 5 more stays (total of 20 stays within the promotion period)
- Promotion Stay Dates: May 6 – September 8, 2019
You still have around a month to take advantage of that promo. As always, you’ll need to register for the promotion in order to earn points. There are also ongoing status matches for Hilton Gold and Diamond (although I would prefer to just get Hilton status via credit cards and be done with it).
This is a nice little bonus to get with little to no effort if you already have stays planned. 7,500 Hilton points could be worth around $35 so if you already have Hilton stays coming up, there’s no reason why you should not take advantage of this offer.
UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
H-Town based Attorney turned credit card rewards expert. Founder of UponArriving.com.