The new Hyatt promotion: Bonus Journeys is back! The deal for Q3 is still pretty sweet and below I will show you how you can earn up to 40% back on Hyatt stays depending on your elite status.
Table of Contents
- Register for the promotion between July 7, 2021 and August 20, 2021 to participate.
- All eligible stays under this promotion must be completed after registering and between July 20, 2021 and September 15, 2021
- For every stay of two or more qualifying nights after registration, you will receive triple points
- Only Base Points are tripled, and points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points.
- Maximum 120,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this offer.
As mentioned above, registration is not open until July 7th. (Article will be updated when it goes live.)
How much is the promo worth?
The standard base points for Hyatt is five points per dollar spent, but with this promotion you’ll be earning 15 points per dollar spent.
As many of you know, Hyatt points are some of the most valuable hotel points available. WalletFlo values them at 1.57 cents per point. This means that with this promo you will be earning about 23.5% back.
If you have elite status or the World of Hyatt credit card, you can earn even more back. The World of Hyatt card will earn you 4X at Hyatt plus the extra .5 from Discoverist elite status.
So that would be a total of 19.5X per dollar spent — or 30% back. Not bad.
If you have top level Globalist you’ll receive a 30% bonus on your base points, which amounts to 6.5 points per dollar spent. With the World of Hyatt card, that’s 25.5X per dollar spent — or 40% back!
So this can be a very lucrative promotion if you have the ability to stack your earnings.
This is a solid promotion for late summer travel.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned travel expert covering destinations along with TSA, airline, and hotel policies. Since 2014, his content has been featured in publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, and CNBC. Read my bio.