Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Sometimes it’s nice to add a little bit of a personalized touch to your debit and credit cards to keep things interesting. And it’s even nicer when this comes with the added plus of additional discounts and perks that can save you money on things you love.
In this article, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about custom Chase debit card designs, including how they can offer you special savings. I’ll also show you which Chase credit cards come with custom deigns as well.
What type of Chase debit card designs can I get?
Chase offers several different types of debit card designs that you can choose from. The catch is that all of them are Disney inspired so hopefully you are a fan of the Mouse. If you’re looking for sports teams like MLB teams you can’t get that with Chase, though Bank of America does have MLB credit cards and Barclays has an NFL option. You might also be interested in the Marvel credit card.
Below are the different types of custom debit card designs that you can choose from with Chase. Note: Disney Visa Debit Cards are not available for Chase High School Checking and Chase Access Checking accounts.
By the way, if you’re a Chase customer looking to save you should know that the Chase Sapphire Preferred is now offering 60,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first three months after account opening! This is an easy way to get over $700 worth of travel! Find out more here.
Mickey Mouse debit card
Disney Cinderella’s Castle debit card
Frozen debit card
Star Wars — Darth Vader debit card
Star wars — BB-8 debit card
Mickey Mouse Gang debit card
Disney Debit card discount perks
With the Disney debit cards, it’s not just about getting a custom design, either. You can actually enjoy some additional discounts and save some money. These discounts come with a lot of exclusions and terms and conditions so be sure to read up on the terms so that you know for sure if you’ll be eligible for the discount.
With the Disney debit cards, you’ll be able to get the following benefits:
Disney store discount
- Save 10% on select purchases at Disney store and shopDisney.com
Photo perks at Disney
- Cardmember-exclusive Character Experience photo opportunities with Disney or Star Wars Characters, held in private locations at Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort.
- Entry is good for up to 6 people per cardmember account and each cardmember account may be used for entry only one time per day.
- Offer includes complimentary downloads of your Disney PhotoPass® photos taken at the Disney Visa Character Experience location that are associated to your Disney account.
Discounts on merchandise
- 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort
Discounts on dining
- 10% off select dining locations most days at Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort.
- Offer excludes alcoholic beverages, select new food and beverage offerings, merchandise, tobacco, room service, holiday buffets, tax and gratuity.
Discounts on tours and “recreation experiences”
- 15% off the non-discounted price of select guided tours at Walt Disney World® Resort and the Disneyland® Resort.
- 10% off the non-discounted price of select recreation experiences at Walt Disney World® Resort.
The following is a list of guided tours that are included at the Disneyland®Resort:
- Walk in Walt’s Disneyland® Footsteps (Guided Tour)
- Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour (offered seasonally)
- “Holiday Time at Disneyland®” Tour (offered seasonally)
The following is a list of guided tours that are included at Walt Disney World® Resort:
Magic Kingdom® Park
- Disney’s Family Magic Tour
- Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom Tour
- Disney’s The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
- Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour
- Gardens of the World (offered seasonally)
- The UnDISCOVERed Future World Tour
- Epcot® Seas Adventures — Dolphins in Depth
- Epcot® Seas Adventures — Aqua Tours
- Epcot® Seas Adventures — DiveQuest
- Behind the Seeds
- World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
- Wild Africa Trek
- Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience
Multiple Theme Parks, Backstage Areas and Resort Hotels
- Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour
- Ultimate Day for Young Families VIP Tour
- Ultimate Day at Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival
- Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour
- Ultimate Night of Adventure VIP Tour
- Backstage Magic
- Disney’s Holiday D-Lights Tour (offered seasonally)
- Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)
- Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
Following is a list of recreation experiences that are included at Walt Disney World® Resort:
- Carriage Rides at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Horseback Trail Rides at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Tips for using these perks
- Make sure that you always have your Chase debit card on hand because you may need to show it in order to take advantage of perks like the special photo opportunities.
- When using your Chase Disney debit card for the retail discounts be sure to mention that you are entitled to the discount due to your debit card.
- There are lots of exclusions for the merchandise discount such as ticket media, Disney Gift Cards, Park Admission, Arcades, tobacco, alcohol, Outdoor Vending (e.g., in-Park balloon vendors, glow vendors) and many others you can read about it the terms here.
- Dining discount excludes alcoholic beverages, select new food and beverage offerings, merchandise, tobacco, room service, holiday buffets, tax and gratuity
Is it free to get a custom Chase debit card?
Yes, Chase will issue you a custom debit card design for free.
How do I order a custom Chase debit card?
Simply call the phone number on the back of your debit card or call 1-800-935-9935. You can also go here to order your card online if you are a Chase customer.
The card should arrive within five to seven business days in an unmarked envelope. If you want to expedite your debit card and receive it within two business days you can do that but you’ll have to pay $5 for the expedited delivery fee.
Can I get custom Chase business debit card designs?
Chase does not currently offer custom business debit card designs so that it currently not an option.
Can I get Chase custom credit cards?
Chase also offers custom credit cards but not for most of their credit cards. If you are going for some of their best rewards cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve, you’re not going to be able to customize those credit cards. You also won’t be able to customize most of the co-branded credit cards like the Chase Southwest, Marriott, IHG, United, and other similar cards.
But, like you might expect, you can get custom Disney credit cards. Just like the debit cards, there are a lot of different options to choose from (10 unique designs).
You can get these custom cards with the Disney Premier Visa Card and the Disney Visa Card. The Disney cards aren’t the best travel rewards credit cards because they don’t come with the highest welcome bonuses or with the best bonus earning potential, so I’d consider other Chase cards (like the Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve) if you are truly interested in maximizing your travel rewards.
I would recommend anybody remotely interested in Disney to get a custom Chase debit card design. It’s free to do so and it can save you money on a lot of different types of Disney purchases and get you access to special photo opportunities. The cards also look pretty cool as well and can help your card stick out so that it’s easier to locate.
UponArriving has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
H-Town based Attorney turned credit card rewards expert. Founder of UponArriving.com.