Rollaway beds can be a perfect option when you’re at a hotel and you are not interested in sharing a bed with another guest. Whether you are a third wheel, fifth wheel, or just someone looking for their own sleeping space, rollaway beds can be great options for many people.
But how much will it cost you to get one of these rolled into your hotel room?
Our team researched over 100 properties located all across the country in order to find out what the going rates were for rollaway beds. Some of the prices were in line with what we expected, some were free, and others were quite surprising.
Keep reading below to see what the research revealed!
Table of Contents
What is a hotel rollaway bed?
A hotel rollaway bed is basically a foam mattress placed on a metal frame that can usually be folded in half and easily wheeled around and stored. These can be requested at many hotels, often for a fee, which I’ll cover in detail below with real-world examples.
Tip: Use the free app WalletFlo to help you travel the world for free by finding the best travel credit cards and promotions!
Hotel rollaway bed prices
Some hotels will offer rollaway beds for free while others will charge you for the bed. Typically, this charge will be from $10 to $20. However, in some major cities like New York or San Francisco you could be charged as much as $30 or even up to $75!
Something very important to be on the lookout for is that some prices are based on your stay while others are based on the amount of nights. A “stay” is the full duration that you stay at the hotel. So a single stay could consist of many nights. Meanwhile, a “night” is, as the name implies, just a single night you are sleeping at the hotel.
Make sure you are clear on the difference because if you were getting charged per night your bill at the end of your stay could be significantly higher than you initially anticipated.
After reviewing over 100 hotels, our research team found that (when charged) the average price of rollaway bed per night was $20 and per stay was $38.
Not all hotels offer rollaway beds
If you review the data points below you will notice that a lot of properties do not offer rollaway beds. Why is this the case? It is largely because many hotels offer sofas with pull out mattresses so you essentially already have a rollaway bed in your room.
In other cases, a hotel may not offer rollaway beds due to restrictions with the fire code which is why there are limitations on the number of people who can occupy a hotel room. For example, if you booked a room with two queen beds and the maximum occupancy is four, chances are a rollaway bed may not be an option.
Another reason could be that they currently don’t have them available because other guests are using them. This is why it could be really helpful to call ahead and make a request for a rollaway bed.
By the way, if you are looking to purchase a hotel rollaway bed for your home or hotel those can go anywhere from $150 to $300 and you can find them at furniture stores and places like Walmart.
Rollaway beds and comfort levels
Typically, a rollaway bed is going to be similar to a twin sized bed (38 by 75 inches). Some of these might be a bit longer or wider and perhaps similar to what you might have been given in your college dorm room. And on the other hand, some of these rollaway beds might actually be a little bit smaller or narrower than a twin mattress.
Rollaway beds on average are not going to be the most comfortable mattress.
With rollaway beds, the goal is basically to make you more comfortable than you would be sleeping on the floor so the comfort standard is not super high. With that said, some hotels like the Westin will offer you higher quality rollaway beds which can still give you a good night sleep.
For the most part, you should expect the hotel to have extra bedding on hand that they will lend you. So you should not have to bring an extra blanket or pillows but at some lower end hotels they may not be as equipped.
One thing to think about is that if you do require extra amenities and therefore extra work from housekeeping, you might want to consider giving them a nice tip.
Now that you have some context for rollaway beds, feel free to check out all of the 100+ data points we have below for rollaway bed pricing.
Just remember that the prices for rollaway beds are often hotels specific so one chain or one hotel brand could have many different prices and policies for their beds.
Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Best Western El Paso Airport Entrada Hotel (El Paso, TX): Not Offered
- Best Western Grant Park (Chicago, IL): Not Offered
- Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites (San Jose, CA): Not Offered
Best Western Plus
- Best Western Plus Sunset Suites-Riverwalk (San Antonio, TX): Not Offered
- Best Western Plus Universal Inn (Orlando, FL): $10 per night
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel (Oakland, CA): Not Offered
Best Western Premier
- Best Western Premier Herald Square (New York, NY): Not Offered
- Best Western Premier Ashton Suites-Willowbrook (Houston, TX): Not Offered
- Best Western Premier Denver East (Denver, CO): Not Offered
BW Premier Collection
- Niagara Riverside Resort, BW Premier Collection (Niagara Falls, NY): $20 per night
- Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection (New Orleans, LA): Not Offered
- The Riverside Hotel, BW Premier Collection (Boise, ID): $15 per night
BW Signature Collection
- Hotel Nexus, BW Signature Collection (Seattle, WA): Not Offered
- Aristocrat Hotel, BW Signature Collection (Half Moon Bay, CA): Not Offered
- Aviator Hotel & Suites, BW Signature Collection (St Louis, MO): Free
- Comfort Inn Midtown West (New York, NY): Not Offered
- Comfort Inn Los Angeles Near Hollywood (Los Angeles, CA): $15 per night
- Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South (Atlanta, GA): Not Offered
- MainStay Suites Columbus Worthington (Columbus, OH): Not Offered
- MainStay Suites Near Denver Downtown (Denver, CO): Free
- MainStay Suites Bricktown – Near Medical Center (Oklahoma City, OK): $5 per night
- Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center (Portland, OR): $10 per night
- Quality Inn Airport I-240 (Memphis, TN): Free
- Quality Inn Near Sunset Park (Brooklyn, NY): Not Offered
- Sleep Inn & Suites Airport (Milwaukee, WI): Not Offered
- Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor (Baltimore, MD): $35 per stay
- Sleep Inn Airport (Albuquerque, NM): Not Offered
- WoodSpring Suites Phoenix I-10 West (Phoenix, AZ): Not Offered
- WoodSpring Suites Houston 288 South Medical Center (Houston, TX): Not Offered
- WoodSpring Suites San Antonio South (San Antonio, TX): Not Offered
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego – Mission Valley (San Diego, CA): $20 per night
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas – Market Center (Dallas, TX): Not Offered
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront (Jacksonville, FL): Not Offered
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus (Columbus, OH): Not Offered
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown (Charlotte, NC): Not Offered
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Downtown (Indianapolis, IN): Not Offered
- Hampton Inn San Francisco Downtown/Convention Center (San Francisco, CA): Not Offered
- Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle-Downtown (Seattle, WA): Not Offered
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Downtown (Denver, CO): Free
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Boston South Bay (Boston, MA): Not Offered
- Home2 Suites By Hilton El Paso Airport (El Paso, TX): Not Offered
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown Convention Center (Nashville, TN): Not Offered
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-Bricktown, OK (Oklahoma City, OK): Free
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas City Center (Las Vegas, NV): Not Offered
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis-Poplar (Memphis, TN): Not Offered
- Park Hyatt Washington D.C. (Washington, D.C.): $50 per stay
- Park Hyatt Chicago (Chicago, IL): $30 per stay
- Park Hyatt New York (New York, NY): $75 per night
- Hyatt Regency Louisville (Louisville, KY): Free
- Hyatt Regency Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI): Free
- Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center (Portland, OR): Not Offered
- Hyatt Place Baltimore-Inner Harbor (Baltimore, MD): Not Offered
- Hyatt Place Tucson-Central (Tucson, AZ): Not Offered
- Hyatt Place Atlanta – Centennial Park (Atlanta, GA): Not Offered
- Hyatt House Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville, CA): Not Offered
- Hyatt House Houston-Galleria (Houston, TX): Not Offered
- Hyatt House Pittsburgh-South Side (Pittsburgh, PA): Not Offered
- Grand Hyatt DFW (Dallas, TX): Free
- Grand Hyatt Washington (Washington, D.C.): Free
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay (Tampa, FL): Free
- Candlewood Suites Columbus North – Polaris (Columbus, OH): Not Offered
- Candlewood Suites Charlotte – Arrowood (Charlotte, NC): Free
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist (Indianapolis, IN): Not Offered
- Crowne Plaza Seattle-Downtown (Seattle, WA): $25 per night
- Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Ctr (Denver, CO): Not Offered
- Crowne Plaza Crystal City-Washington, D.C. (Arlington, VA): Not Offered
- Holiday Inn El Paso West – Sunland Park (El Paso, TX): $10 per night
- Holiday Inn & Suites Nashville Downtown – Broadway (Nashville, TN): Free
- Holiday Inn Oklahoma City North-Quail Spgs (Oklahoma City, OK): Not Offered
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Vegas – E Tropicana (Las Vegas, NV): Free
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Nw Downtown (Portland, OR): Free
- Holiday Inn Express Memphis Medical Center Midtown (Memphis, TN): Not Offered
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental New York Times Square (New York, NY): $35 per night
- InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta (Atlanta, GA): $30 per night
- InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown (Los Angeles, CA): Free
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Loop (Chicago, IL): Not Offered
- Residence Inn Houston Downtown/Convention Center (Houston, TX): $30 per night
- Residence Inn Phoenix Downtown (Phoenix, AZ): Not Offered
- TownePlace Suites San Antonio Downtown (San Antonio, TX): Not Offered
- TownePlace Suites San Diego Downtown (San Diego, CA): Not Offered
- TownePlace Suites Dallas Downtown (Dallas, TX): Free
- Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention Center (Austin, TX): Free
- Courtyard San Jose North/Silicon Valley (San Jose, CA): Free
- Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway (Jacksonville, FL): Free
- The Westin Great Southern Columbus (Columbus, OH): Free
- The Westin Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN): Free
- The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square (San Francisco, CA): $35 per night
- Aloft Boston Seaport District (Boston, MA): Not Offered
- Aloft Fort Worth Downtown (Fort Worth, TX): Not Offered
- Aloft Nashville West End (Nashville, TN): Not Offered
Country Inn & Suites
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Oklahoma City – Bricktown, OK (Oklahoma City, OK): Free
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland Delta Park, OR (Portland, OR): Free
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tucson City Center, AZ (Tucson, AZ): Not Offered
- Park Inn by Radisson Salt Lake City-Midvale (Salt Lake City, UT): $10 per night
- Park Inn by Radisson Albany, GA (Albany, GA): Not Offered
- Park Inn by Radisson Williamsburg Historic (Williamsburg, VA): $10 per night
- Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport (Colorado Springs, CO): $15 per night
- Radisson Hotel Charlotte Airport (Charlotte, SC): Not Offered
- Radisson Hotel Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia, PA): Not Offered
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago (Chicago, IL): $30 per stay
- Radisson Blu Mall of America (Bloomington, MN): Not Offered
- Radisson Blu Anaheim (Anaheim, CA): $75 per stay
- Radisson RED Miami Airport (Miami, FL): $15 per night
- Radisson RED Minneapolis Downtown (Minneapolis, MN): Not Offered
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Northwest Indianapolis (Indianapolis, IN): Not Offered
- Days Inn by Wyndham Palm Springs (Palm Springs, CA): $10 per night
- Days Inn by Wyndham Denver Downtown (Denver, CO): Free
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seattle Downtown (Seattle, WA): Free
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham El Paso East (El Paso, TX): Free
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Nashville Airport (Nashville, TN): Free
- Ramada by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport North (Oklahoma City, OK): Not Offered
- Ramada by Wyndham Portland (Portland, OR): Not Offered
- Ramada by Wyndham Louisville Expo Center (Louisville, KY): $10 per stay
- Super 8 by Wyndham Austin Downtown/Capitol Area (Austin, TX): Not Offered
- Super 8 by Wyndham Kansas City (Kansas City, KS): Not Offered
- Super 8 by Wyndham Albuquerque Airport (Albuquerque, NM): Not Offered
- Travelodge by Wyndham Tucson Airport (Tucson, AZ): Not Offered
- Travelodge by Wyndham Fresno Convention Center Area (Fresno, CA): Not Offered
- Travelodge by Wyndham by Fisherman’s Wharf (San Francisco, CA): Not Offered
As you can tell the price of a rollaway bed can vary pretty widely. But for the most part, assuming it’s not free, you are probably going to be spending around $10 to $20 per night if you go this route.
Daniel Gillaspia is the Founder of UponArriving.com and the credit card app, WalletFlo. He is a former attorney turned travel expert covering destinations along with TSA, airline, and hotel policies. Since 2014, his content has been featured in publications such as National Geographic, Smithsonian Magazine, and CNBC. Read my bio.